It's life, deal with it.

The life and times - sprinkled with sugar, spice and friends; bamboo swords; seaweed and randomness.

ImageHost.org

BGIC VI 2008 - Day 1. "Lobbying."

The Borneo Global Issues Conference VI, commenced on Friday, the 29th of February 2008, at ISB. The PTEB delegates and I seemed to lack some preparation, as we had no idea what we were gonna go through (except Amirul, as this was his second time attending BGIC) but seriously, BGIC, for all of us, was practically the BEST experience we HAD! So far. But yea, THE BEST! x3



I came late to ISB, so I had no idea where my Committee's Lobbying room was, cause I missed the Opening Assembly thing. While everyone was heading to their respective committee rooms, I had to ask Yasmin, one of the Secretary Generals, who was on the stage that time, where the Environment Committee Forum 2 room was. HAHA. That's the result of coming late =___= booo.

Hafiz Pinky came late too! =p bwahahah! Ms. Hassal handed me my BGIC File, and this HUGE BGIC t-shirt. It was size 46! Like, the heck man?! That's simply too big =_= and and, we have name tag, which we have to wear, so people would err.. be able to identify us, obviously =p

When I went into my Committee Room, like, I slowly opened the door, and went in.. and there was like, this room of people staring at the girl who had just entered. It was so intimidating, cause basically I had NO Idea who they were, and the thought of being an outcast was dominantly throbbing in my head.



Contrary to what I had assumed, I befriended people~ xD The first person I befriended was Shim! From ISB. He was from my table, and I just went and smiled to him after I entered the room and sat down.

I asked, "hey, what's your name?" and he said "Heyyy. I'm Shim, delegate of Brazil, you?" I said "ohh, heyy I'm Nazz, my country's Benin. so like, do you have a resolution?" and He smiled and said "Yeahhh, it's in my bag, you want to see it?" and I replied "cool! alright then.." and yeah, I co-sponsored his resolution.



The next person I befriended was, Siqqin, who was the delegate of Ethiopia. She came late, and she was experiencing the same "newbie syndrome" as I had, feeling intimidated and scared to talk to people. I smiled to her, after she sat down next to me, and I asked her name x) yayy. Confidence Levels boost up~

The Chairs in charge of my committee were Arthur and Grace. I was too scared to talk to them. o__o"

The guy who sat in front of me, was the delegate of Portugal. I forgot his name, x) but he's from ISB. During "Lobbying" Siqqin and I moved around the class. At first we just moved to the table where Shim had went to. I met Mahfuzah, delegate of Kenya, from Maktab Sains, and Walter, delegate of Canada, from Seri Insan School in Malaysia. Shim and Mahfuzah merged their resolutions, which turned out good~! Mean while, me and Siqqin, were like isolated from the others, seeing as we were both sorta-quiet people, or the fact that we didnt know anyone else in the room.

Afterwards, The delegates of Russia, Columbia, and Australia asked me and Siqqin to read their resolution. It was good, really, but then the delegate of Russia said that If I was gonna co-sponsor it, I can't co-sponsor USA's resolution as Russia and USA are practically rivals. But the thing is, Benin is a country who is really close to USA - USA is like the country who's aided Benin a lot! US-Beninese relations babyyy~ So, yea, I couldn't co-sponsor their resolution. =3

Oh oh, and then Fatin from MD asked Siqqin and I to sit with them at the table they were sitting.. cause ya know, isolation makes things awkward. Fatin is niceeeee! And oh yeah, I realised, the Fatin from MD is actually the "Fatin Lame" who's in Mushy's tagboard. *Waves to Fatin* Anyway, Fatin is the delegate of Sweden. I also met the delegate of Sudan, and um.. Marcel's friend si Mirul and.. yea. I forgot :/ But they were real cool people (Y) We went around ISB together. HAHA, cause we didnt want to stay in the class the WHOLE time.



Jobless =p


The Forum 1 area place =p

I met Amirul around the Forum 1 area, and hung around with him most of the time, afterwards. T'was fun, seeing as he knew a lot about what was happening and stuff. So yea, he's the updater and guide to survival on my first day in BGIC.

The PTEB delegates (some) reunited around the same place I met Amirul, after Amirul and I took a tour of the Forum 1 area. We joined Zimo, Nabs, Dayah, Effy and Fils. Walked around.


Zimo, Amirul, Fils


ISB-ians basketball-ing

And went to the canteen, where Hafiz joined. We had some fun with our phones - taking random pics. HAHA.


Effy kiut ;)


Fils and Zimo... macam banar! HAHA


Amirul bebot ;p and Hafiz pinky


Zimo being annoying with his phone XD


Amirul goes emo. xp


LOST delegates. HAHA


the long walk. lawlz~


*nods* sure~


foood XD


Nazz, Caesar, Fuzah and Hafiz


before dinner. - the packed hall.


PTEB BGIC delegates. ;)

Nazz. Amirul bebot. Caesar Salad. Hafiz Pinky. Effy. Dan. Dayah. Nabs. Fils. Zimo bimbo.


I also met:
- Faizan Fish, from MS.
- Marcell kendo-buddy, from SOAS.
- Fauziyyah, from Pap Masna.
- Cikgu Mazlina, from Pap Masna.
- (I caught a glimpse of) Khal, from MD.
- etc. sorry if I forgot to mention anyone else. =3

0 comments: