The day started with an Opening ceremony of the sixth ISB Borneo Global Issues Conference at ICC. Thr place was packed with students, teachers, parents, observers and other guests. Among the special guests present was ISB BGIC's Royal Patron, Her Royal Highness PAIPA Sarah. Television presenters and environmentalists Monty Halls (from Animal Planet) and Dr. Alison Cronin were also present to observe, and to be panel judges.. and... give a talk about the Environment and I talked to Mr Monty Halls.. AHHHH!!! YAYY I got to meet him x) He's cool! A famous environmentalist for crike sakes! Although, he's a Marine Biologist and I'm interested in Tree Conservation, the Agriculture and Vegetation divisions under the Environment but still! Environmentalist Environmentalist Environmentalist~

.
.
.
GAHH X) The Assembly was fun.
I sat next to Siqqin, the Delegate of Ethiopia, Environment Committee Forum 2, and Caesar, Hidayah and Hafiz sat in the row in front of mines, so I had company to keep me entertained as well. I was practically practising my "Opening Speech" at any chance I could seize during the assembly which was packed with events!
The ISB music group played; Choir and Orchestra (Gahd, I miss being in an Orchestra...); there were performances by ISB students and students from Sekolah Rendah Dato Othman, speeches from Her Royal Highness, as well as the other special guests and Parliamentarians of BGIC.


Afterwards, we had a refreshment break, and the food was great! Amirul, Caesar and Dan were hungry~ Too bad we couldnt have seconds :P (right Amirul?)
Then, the Forum Committee Debates were carried out amongst the individual committees to debate on the resolutions that had passed in Day 1 (Lobbying Day). It was really NEW for me. I had no idea what the atmosphere would be like! Initially, I felt like an outcast; a newbie; and LOST. But but but~ bit by bit I sorta adapted to the whole thing, my speech was alright and the nervousness inside decreased. Although, the only time I talked during the debate sessions was during the Role Call, and the Opening Speeches, the Voting Role Call, and talking with other delegates... that was pretty much it for my Public Speaking development for the day. Lame, much...
BUT I HAD FUN! And made new friends ;p
The 1st resolution debate was intimidating, especially the For Speeches made by the Co-submitters of the resolution and when a WHOLE LOAD of POI's and disagreement mutated into annoyance and slight impatience with a hint of prejudice. boo. Then we had the Rights of Statement, and Shim made a speech about Brasil's "Hot hot bikini models~..." and "tooty frutiy hats..." and "Hot hot body~" HAHA. FUNNY. It totally cleared away the tense atmosphere after the first resolution failed to pass. There were also frivolous note-passing among the delegates. Crayzay =P
Second resolution: I like. I support. I planned to make a For Speech. I did, the next day. Will talk about it in the next post. Oh yeah, The Delegate of USA of Forum 2 Environment Committee; Aiden, was really good! Her speeches were good, her fashion-sense... she convinced people, honestly!
At the end of the day... we had a photo shoot!

whoaa, huge group right? (:

delegates (;

After the photo shoot...

The ten delegates from PTEB. =)
L to R: Hafiz, Amirul, Nazz, Zimo, Fils, Danny, Effy, Nabs, Dayah, Caesar
All ten went to eat afterwards, so we went to the food fair inside and met...
DIM SUM!! XD

o__o man, did that make us more hungry or what.


0 comments:
Post a Comment