It's life, deal with it.

The life and times - sprinkled with sugar, spice and friends; bamboo swords; seaweed and randomness.

ImageHost.org

PTEB Adventure Club's 09 Orientation

[YES... bangas, I know. I made this during mid December... and didn't bother posting cause I was in Japan -___-]- added.

Oh maigashh, it seems I've neglected my blog yet again. It's not because there's nothing to talk about, on the contrary, a whole load of stuff happened quickly within the span of two weeks; so there's TONNES to talk about. It's that I've been too preoccupied with my social life, holidays and... reality haha =p mark my words, those were one of the most awesome two weeks so far.

The 9th till 11th of December proved to be the 3 most memorable days of the week - The PTEB Adventure Club Orientation. Fillah's been a fabulous President, and the event worked out more than just fine! It was fantastic, no shizz. All the AJKs worked their butts off to make the event enjoyable, extreme and ...awesomely wicked! We met new people, befriended many, strengthened friendship and bestfriendship bonds/ ties, and in some cases, flirted with the candidates (like wth man? :p)

The first day was a blast. Although things did start a bit slow in the morning (since we were all bangas and had to rush everywhere to sort chairs and hide nametags) things proceeded better than planned... I think. The Guiders of each Groups had to hide their groups name tags for the Juniors to find them. We had to run, and... it didn't feel so good. This is a sign! I need to get back to my old habits and get fit again =p












Next was the Ice Breaking session. The Juniors introduced themselves individually, when they lose a round of Musical Chairs. Niceness. The AJKs didn't bombard them with that much questions, but there were enough questions to make us AJKs laugh like crazy and tease the Candidates. Fillah enjoyed herself by the looks of it. :P



Then came the time for the Candidates to retrieve their name tags from their constituent hideouts, followed by a signature hunt.

Kamu tahu nama ku Nazz saja ah! Full name pun payah payah mencari =P

I turned the paper from my name tag with my name on and wrote "Sufinaz". I was Sufinaz for the day! And they couldn't find Sufinaz on the list of names, HAHAHA. It's a good thing some of the juniors knew my name had Nazihah in it. ;p The signature hunt seemed like a real hunt. =___= All AJKs were chased and surrounded like a predators' prey.

The next few hours went on with a WHOLE LOAD of activities. All were very memorable and fun...

Activity: Adventure Club Idol






Activity: Adventure Club's Next Top Model


Shuif Banks and his mates.. Miss Azrim and Guppy Goldfish.


The Models....


si Wal :p (handal group dorang 8p haha bias much..)




The senior-Logistics Department :D

That night, most of the club members camped out in the school canteen. Long story short, a lot happened in one night, and I mean A LOT.


Block A at night.

From a meeting with the seniors and super-seniors and super-super-seniors; to our camp food dinner (which I miss =[ haha); to the late night talks and gossips, to the Night-Walks with groups, and the scary moments; to the deep talks with Kaj; to the bonding time with members, and the 12am AJK meeting, and star-gazing :D and obviously the occasional bimbo moments with friends - the night was one of those kinda nights you wouldn't want to forget.




Meeting/ talk.


The night-walk with the guiders and groups..


After midnight :P

The next day, everyone had to wake up at the break of dawn, or perhaps before dawn. With an aerobics session and breakfast to start the day off, that day had got to be the most activity-packed days so far.


PTEB after Subuh..


Milo time at 6am.


Stretching~


Aerobics session


morning sickness :P

I had to shower twice =___= Mishaps occured here and then, but nonetheless the day was highly enjoyable. I had bonding time with Filah, Effy, Beels, Kaj. Zeddy's group was fun to be with. And I earned a new Nickname that day: "Si Kadai Orbit".... Sham was "Kadai Nazmi" and I think Shuif is "Giant", if I'm not mistaken.



Well, I got to know my juniors more that day. Jadi kawan kalier 8) There were two main events that day:
Trial Challenge 1 - the whole split into two groups thing, where they had to plan an event, and act like they're in a real life situation as committee members.



The two groups....



Trial Challenge 2 - random challenges that could make you breathless, set by our terrific Senior Planner, Cai.




Azrim's lame/hilarious jokes session.


Election time.


Final group-up of the day... *points. Filah's pillow =p

Everyone went home at 5 to 6pm, after a final group-up and Adventure Club cheer.

The third and final day of the Orientation was possibly the best. It began with a one hour bus trip to Sungai Liang, for a Forest Walk, a tour inside the Nature Museum, and that Herbology-thingmajig place, which had this cool booklet that listed all - or rather most of the trees that can be found in Brunei! Then we went to Wasai Kadir - Wasai means Waterfall? *blinks. There we had a jungle excursion to the waterfall, and back. The journey back was accompanied by convection rain. Changing clothes was a challenge and the bus rides were superbly fun :)

The last stop was the Kilang Sago in Tutong, which was near Filah's Gran's place. Utut, is a maggot that lives in Sago trunks. They feed on the insides of dead/dying sago trunks. They are white, squirmy, they bite and they... taste good ;)
Geng Bas Satu had an awesome one-hour+ ride back to school. We all headed back at 6-ish in the vening and arrived back to school by around 7-8pm, where we had a short meeting, announced the Senior Committee's retirement, announced the Junior Committee's ascesion of power/ leadership/ take-over. Whichever. And finally, the Adventure Club Cheer! :D
Never give up. Never give up. Never give up~

We all went home sad, missing everyone, after saying our goodbyes, giving hugs, exchanging numbers and email addresses and doing some last-minute bullying. nicee~ Elekshaaa! XD

0 comments: