I remember being asked a question by a teacher during a lecture in class. I can't remember when, or who asked it - but I remember the question and my mind state that time.
"Do you think the future will be much more easier than now, or the past?" said the teacher.
My opinion at that time was, "Ofcourse not. It's the future, and as we grow up we have to deal with more difficult stuff like A levels, and Degrees and jobs, then family. We have a lot of responsibilty!" - Technically, that wasn't the exact sentence I had said, but all in all, it meant the same.
To my surprise, I saw some of my schoolmates nodded and claimed that the future would, indeed, be much more easier than the life they have back then. They explained about how we'd have a job and we can get this and that to make life easier; we'd have tonnes of money; we'd be independent and free from this "PMB stress" - and the list goes on. Glad, it was only some.
The teacher however, did not say yes or no to any of us who answered. =__=" Although that part, I can't really remember. It was after all during the PMB years~ xD
Instead, the teacher explained how easy life was back then compared to what we'd face in future - basically she's saying the future's tough! Sure, we'll have money and an independent life of our own... (and the list goes on..) - but before that, we'd have to face exams, tests, obstacles - those that come in our way and where we'd have to apply the surviving skills also known as knowledge, wisdom, and instincts or... whatever we need to get pass daily hardship.
After PMB it's the O levels. After the O's it's the A levels (and mark my words people, A levels are WAY tougher compared to your Ordinary Levels... WAYYYYY tougher! It's only the 2nd month of my A level year and it's reached the mad zone.) Then, after finishing the A Levels, it's university and employment. It may sound easy just saying that sentence but in reality, it's really not that simple.
I've met people who haven't achieved their best in O's and A's, as well as in universities - life's never that simple.
Then, during employment, we' have to deal with taxes, house bills, bank loans, car payment, astro bills, phone bills, school funds, buying this and that, paying off debts, taking care of your siblings or children - AND THE LIST GOES ON~
=___=" Funny, I 've never actually thought about this topic much, unless it's during a time people question me about this, or when I bump into this question - usually on a piece of paper or lightning just struck.
Everything I've just said, has ofcourse been thought through by most people, and we'd all have to agree that life does not get easier by the second. And what do we have to do if that's the case? *hits whoever is asking that question, on the head* Overcome the challenges - and reach the best you can achieve. (That was mentioned to me by a university professor this afternoon by the way). Despite knowing what I have to do, I still seem a bit lost, and honestly, I, with no doubt believe, that my school mates, and teenagers alike are stuck in this sinking sand along with me, figuring out what exactly are we supposed to [HECK] do.
It all depends on that individual: there will come a time, when he'll know. Trial and error, logic, knowledge - their common sense. Sounds easy as pie? = no effing way.
This is where, education, wisdom and broad-thinking comes in, I suppose. Ooooh. Do I sound like a teacher? A lecturer? I swear some people think I'm better off to become one - but that's the thing, it's their opinion, not mine. I'm the one who controls myself, and I, therefore possess the power to control my future and what I'll end up being. Human nature. Another "oooooh".
So, here I am. Here we are. Are we ready for the future? We aren't? How can we even be ready for what happens in the next 5 seconds? There. Those five seconds have just went by, and there goes another one. We're never ready. We can be ready for something that'll happen in future - meaning to say a few days or months in future. Constantly, doing something to make a change. Doing something to actually control what is already in our hands. It doesn't take a second to finish off homework, nor does it take an hour to finish building an aircraft (a real one, that is). The same goes to us. It doesn't take a day nor a week to demolish the sense of laziness within us, and it does not take a day to become smarter than we were.
Where did these words come from? Me.
And where did I get them from?
Advices from a teacher, a lecturer, an adult.
Knowledge from experience.
Words that can come up into everyone's head, when they're thinking about it.
It's all there.
We just have to listen.
I may sound weird right now, but hey, I'm talking here.
And listening.
The student's job is to listen and understand. Without listening, How can you understand.
( Listening here doesn't just mean listening to the teacher or other people in class or wherever. You figure that out. ;p Although I'm pretty sure smua orang tau, bahaha.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment