
Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar.
"Though, I’d love to make the training here sounds easy and simple, I have to admit that it’s quite a challenge here. Every time when the training gets tough, I would tell myself that “if others could do it, why can't I". The advice of our PM keeps coming to my head each time the going gets tough. Mental strength plays a crucial role especially when you are far away from home knowing that you are going through all the vigorous tests and classes are on your own. Faiz and I have no one else here but each other, hence we keep a strong bond taking care of each other and pushing each other to the limits. It's a healthy competitive environment and at the end, we are doing this mission for the sake of the country. Nothing beats that." -- Dr Sheikh Muszaphar.
Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor is a Malaysian orthopedic surgeon and is the first Malaysian to go into space. He is also the first Arab of Yemeni descent to go into space. He was launched to the International Space Station aboard Soyuz TMA-11 with the Expedition 16 crew on October 10, 2007. Sheikh Muszaphar flew under an agreement with Russia through the Angkasawan program, and returned to Earth on October 21, 2007, aboard Soyuz TMA-10 with the Expedition 16 crew members, Fyodor Yurchikhin and Oleg Kotov, after nine days aboard the station. -- from wikipedia
The first Malay and Muslim to travel to space.... That is extremely awesome, and frankly, I am super proud of him, and yes also Malaysia. I'm a Bruneian, but hey, we're all humans, and it's not really the nationality thats important. We should all be proud of each other, but anyways, I'm scurrying away from the topic here. nyeh. Also, Dr. Sheikh is the first Malaysian to fast in space during Ramadhan as well as celebrate Aidilfitri there, and that, my friends, has definitely proved that he is cool. x)



oh and and... he's a part-time model. =O

Sheikh Muszaphar was born in Kuala Lumpur and attended high school at Maktab Rendah Sains MARA in Muar. He then earned a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India. He received a Master of science degree in Orthopaedic Surgery at University Kebangsaan Malaysia.
Sheikh Muszaphar is an orthopedic surgeon, and a university lecturer in medicine at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. In 1998, Sheikh Muszaphar worked at Hospital Seremban, followed by a move to Kuala Lumpur General Hospital in 1999, and was on staff at Hospital Selayang from 2000 through 2001. Sheikh Muszaphar is also a part-time model. -- from wikipedia x)
He is so cool..... o__o I wanna meet him! ^^


0 comments:
Post a Comment